Jeni's First Pacer
|Transmission||3-speed automatic on the column|
- Period of Ownership: June 1994 - July 1997
- Odometer Reading at Time of Sale (July 25, 1997): ~107,000 miles
- The Momentous Occasion of the Rolling-Over of the Odometer:
100,000 miles occurred at 11:39 PM on June 12, 1995. Odometer rolled over
while driving on the interchange from I-271 North to I-90 East, about 15 miles
east of Cleveland, Ohio.
- Average Gas Mileage: ~15 mpg. Glen Hoag reports an increase to an average
of 17 mpg since he's owned the car, thanks to his handiwork.
- Number of Owners: 4, including myself and Glen Hoag,
who purchased the car from me.
- Average Number of Remarks about my car per day: 4.2 (Not current,
but yes, I actually calculated this at one point... that was even before The Pacer
Page and the email volume that resulted.)
- Most Frequent Comment About my Pacer: "You have a car phone in a Pacer???"
- A close second: "You spent money on that thing?"
- Most recent repair before sale: Rear end replacement (hit-and-run accident
- June 13, 1995: I spotted the first Pacer I'd ever seen in my
life, aside from my own. It was a red Pacer wagon, and I literally chased the
driver down and made her aware of my excitement... needless to say, she was quite
frightened until she realized what was happening.
- Funniest comment about my Pacer: "The last time I saw
one of those, it was on fire!"